You are using an unsupported browser. Please update your browser to the latest version on or before July 31, 2020.
Home > Financial Aid > How do I apply for TAP?
How do I apply for TAP?
print icon

TAP is an income-based grant for undergraduate New York State residents. It is administered by the NYS Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC). You can link to the online TAP application by clicking the link to apply for state aid at the end of filing your FAFSA, or you can apply here.  If you don’t apply for TAP by clicking the link at the end of your FAFSA, you will need to wait at least 72 hours for FAFSA processing to communicate with HESC before you can apply for TAP through the HESC website.

Cornell’s financial aid office will estimate a TAP award for any student who has eligibility, but you will only receive the funds if you complete your TAP application and qualify.

Cornell has two HESC codes, so be sure that you are using the code that applies to the college or school that you are enrolled in.

  • 0175 is the code for the College of Engineering, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Architecture, Art, and Planning, and the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business - Peter and Stephanie Nolan School of Hotel Administration.
  • 0174 is the code for the College of Human Ecology, School of Industrial and Labor Relations, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, and the Cornell SC Johnson college of Business - Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management.
0 out of 0 found this helpful

Still have questions? Email [email protected].
scroll to top icon